Saturday, 22 August 2009

Hello

A good friend of mine has been asking when I am going to start my blog - so here we go!

This blog could well be disastrous as I doubt I will ever have anything interesting enough to fill pages of a blog. I could well end up with a blog that simply says "got up, went to work, worked, worked some more, came home, ate, went to bed, got up, went to work..."- you get the idea.

So, a bit about us: Chris and I have been married for 5 1/2 years and been together for over 10 years. We live in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Nuneaton is an old mining town and somewhere we ended up by accident rather than by design. It is our hope that the economy will improve so that we can leave! In all seriousness, our house is our little haven but there are things we would like to improve about it. It is plenty big enough for the two of us and our not so little chocolate labrador Bailey.

I work in Birmingham city centre as a solicitor specialising in corporate insolvency. I am two years qualified and love my job. Chris works as a project manager for Calor Gas in Warwick.

We are currently watching V Festival on TV and wondering why we have never been to a festival before, it's definitely something I always wanted to do as a teenager, but now, in my late twenties wonder if it would be worthwhile or not. Firstly, you could never be sure that you would have dry weather (Glastonbury is renowned for being a wash out most years). Secondly, you have to sleep in a tent for a weekend, which is not something which in itself is unattractive to me, but having a risk of drunken teenagers stumbling into your tent and being crammed in surrounded by hundreds of other tents, I am yet to be convinced is an attractive prospect. Thirdly, I'm not that into music anymore. There was a time when I was first in line to buy the latest edition of NME but that enthusiasm for music got lost somewhere between Reigate and Burnley when I was 15 and wanting to find something in common with my new classmates (I would like to point out that my interest in football also got lost somewhere on that fateful move up the M1!). Finally, I have (having recently spent 6 hours standing waiting for Take That to come on stage) realised that standing up all day in a concert isn't actually what I like to do to relax. I'm willing to make such concessions to see Take That (who I ABSOLUTELY love), but for a band I have either never heard of or don't know that much about, I'm not sure I would be such a good sport about it. But then, I'm getting to that stage in life where if I don't do it now, I'm never likely to do it.

Ooh, the Killers are coming on soon - that is a band I would stand for hours to see.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and Chris and I are heading up the motorway to Manchester to visit Chris' uncle Jim who is in hospital having fallen off a ladder (at 60 something) and broken both legs and dislocated a shoulder.

Next week should be fairly busy, my boss, Huw is on holiday and so I am picking up a few of his matters whilst he's away. There is a massive pile of reviews and reports on my office windowsill waiting for me to read through and send out, so I guess I had better crack on with those on Monday. No doubt as usual, something else will crop up and they will sit there for a few more days before I get around to looking at them - oops.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah, hurrah!!! I am SO happy you have a blog! And you are hilarious! Sorry about your Uncle Jim, but the way you phrased it was amusing! And I didn't know you were a Take That fan - me too!! Next time they have a gig, let's go together. And can you and Chris plan on the fireworks at the castle next year - we will definitely be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you have a blog (says the worst blogger on the planet). You're so funny. You could write about tying your shoes and it would be hilarious, I'm sure.

    And I want in on the Warwick fireworks invite for next year :)

    ReplyDelete