Harry slept in his nursery for the first time last night. He is getting very squished in his moses basket now and I worry that his thrashing around will turn it over! So last night, I was very brave and put Harry into his nursery. He only goes in his nursery at the moment to get his nappy changed so I was worried he would not associate it as a place to sleep so we have started off with him in his moses basket inside the cot so he can get used to it. Usually it takes Harry 10-15 minutes to settle himself off to sleep but last night, I put him down and then came down stairs to check the baby monitor was working okay (we had an analogue one which had terrible static and interference so you would be kept awake from it all night and swapped it yesterday for a digital one - much better!). By the time I came downstairs, checked it for a minute or so then went back up, he was fast asleep! Thanks very much Harry - miss you too!!!
Despite having a baby monitor that I can hear him on and a movement sensor pad that goes under the mattress so that if no movement is detected for 20 seconds an alarm sounds (and a light flashes on the parent unit every time a movement is detected) I still felt the need to check him 4 times last night and as a result had less sleep than I do when he is in the same room!
As much as his fidgeting and snuffling drive me nuts and keep me awake, I think I am going to miss having my precious little boy so close by at night. We love you so much Harry.
No comments:
Post a Comment