Saturday, 31 March 2012

Boy on a mission!

Harry is becoming more mobile now.  Still no crawling but lots of rolling and wriggling.  He generally manages to get to where he wants to get and has in the last 24 hours started to comando creep - not quite comando crawl yet, but can creep a good foot or two.  On Friday lunch time we went to the Red Rooms (a large bar with a kids area) for lunch with Kate and Henry.  The boys were on their tummies facing each other and Harry kept trying to stroke/grab Henry's hair, so I pulled him back a foot or so, so he couldn't reach and watched amazed as he comando crept forward so he could grab Henry's hair and face again!  Clever but naughty boy!

On Friday afternoon he was at Grandma's and in the space of an hour, had (1) broken into the  TV cabinet to play with the DVD player, (2) tried to roll under the coffee table to get access to the Sky TV remote, (3) rolled under the curtains to play with them and (4) removed all the DVDs from the shelf at the side of the TV cabinet.




On Saturday morning, he had rolled over to the (electric) fire in the front room, removed half the coal from it and started to try to eat the coal and also pulled over a side table with a full glass of water on it.  So conscious that I now sound like I should be reported to social services for being a negligent parent, I should say that on Friday at Grandma's we watched him do all this because he was in no danger and whilst he's a monkey I do want him to develop his curiosity and ability to move around and be independent.  On Saturday morning, he was left on the floor with toys to play with for 1 MINUTE whilst I made his breakfast, over 1.5m away from both items (which are in opposite directions BTW)!

My little monkey is getting too clever for his own good!

No comments:

Post a Comment