The week before Christmas I had realised I had achieved nothing!!! See post below regarding home made gifts!!! So, I took the Wednesday before christmas off work and baked and baked and baked some more. I made hampers for the Taylor side of the family - jars of home baked cookies, cakes, hot chocolate jars, belgian chocolates, a charity cookbook and a bottle of Schloer.
We arrived at my parents on christmas eve, straight from work and opened our presents in the morning. My brother Keith bought my mum and iPod pre-loaded with all her CDs and a docking station. My mum proudly told people at work she had been given a "doctors station"! She has figured out how to use it but heaven help her when she wants a new CD putting on it - or even better a download!
We had a fun New Years Eve with Catherine and Ben - a quiet affair, but fun, food and SingStar. We went for a walk on New Years day and Ben did a great job at teaching Chris and I how to frisbee - (Ben played for England Ultimate Frisbee at university and is an enthusiastic teacher).
So what does 2010 hold for the Taylor household? A lot of work, hopefully some nice holidays, a small short trip to the hospital for me (sssh, I'm in denial) and hopefully getting a bit fitter and healthier.
I wait with baited breath for the general election this year. Not only to see who will win (though I am confident that the Conservatives will be elected) but also to see the economic policies that follow the new government. The newspapers slant on the economic climate is positive at the moment, but what they fail to explain in their articles is that many businesses have stayed afloat during the recession as a result of HM Revenue and Customs being more lenient on corporate taxes (PAYE and VAT especially) by allowing businesses "time to pay". However, many businesses are already starting to default on these arrangements and they cannot continue indefinitely. The general feeling in the world of insolvency is that a new government will have to take some action on this, which will result in more business failures and unemployment in quarter 3 and 4 of 2010. So - unless the next government is prepared to wipe these debts out the tax man is going to have to be a bit sterner with tax defaulters. Keep saving and watch your spending to ensure you don't get caught out this year by the media hype.
This year I also want to:
- get out more with my camera
- go skiing
- be more active - rock climbing/skiing/walking/gym
- progress my career
- have regular date nights with my husband - it's going to be a busy year for both of us, so it is important that we spend quality time together
No comments:
Post a Comment