Hmm, it's a while since I have posted anything! whoops. So what's new in the Taylor household? Firstly, Chris and I just came home from a week's trip to the Red Sea in Egypt. We booked to go on the trip over a year ago originally but had to pull out when Chris's work said he was needed in the UK for a key project date and then subsequently pulled him off the project after we had sold our spaces. Then two weeks before the trip managed to get back on it. It was a dive holiday on a live-aboard boat, Whirlwind. Chris loved being able to dive the wrecks and reefs of the Northern Red Sea, but meanwhile I was bored to tears!
I didn't dive (having suffered a huge nosebleed when I first jumped in the water to then have my mask starting to fill with blood). I took the hint from the big man upstairs to quit diving. I know that sounds slightly melodramatic, but every time I go diving something happens, so I was quitting whilst I was ahead.
The thing I missed most about this holiday was spending quality time with Chris. We are so busy week to week that holidays for us provide a real chance for us to reconnect and catch up. That's tricky to do when you have another 20 people with you in a confined space and all of Chris's time was taken up diving or dive planning.
As for what else is new, Chris and I are under a fertility consultant at the hospital at the moment. I had a laparoscopy at the end of April to see what was going on but the findings were normal. The consultant has asked me to re-do some blood tests which had some unusual results (why they didnt think that should be done before they start cutting me open is beyond me). I have also had to pay £76 to get a blood test done privately to see what my egg reserve is like (which will show if premature menopause is likely to be an issue for me - it runs in my family). Chris doesn't escape however and is also going to have to repeat his tests. The consultant has a few suggestions on where we go next, but I think we will wait to see what the next lot of tests reveal before we make any decisions.

I recently went to see Wicked in the West End with some friends. It was a good day out and a fabulous show. I had goose bumps during "Defying Gravity". Rachel Tucker as Elphaba was brilliant. Lee Mead as Fiyero was also really good. It goes to show that reality TV can showcase British talent.
Chris and I are now season ticket holders for the Leicester Tigers. I think it will be good for us to do something different and get out of the house and spend some time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment