Chris and I fell ill just before Christmas was an awful flu bug that is doing the rounds. Our Christmas break rather than visiting family was resigned to taking a sofa each in our PJs and feeling sorry for ourselves. Christmas dinner was a few slices of home baked ham with microwaved mash potatoes. Sorry Chris!
You all know about the saga that was our IVF cycle and since then, without getting too personal or gross my cycles have been kind of irregular, so I hadn't been tracking them too close. At Christmas it occurred to me it had been a WHILE since anything had "happened" so thought before I go to the trouble of seeing the consultant again I best just rule out pregnancy. So reluctantly pulled a test from the back of the cupboard (thinking what a waste of money - it was one of the expensive digital ones!).
Well, before I could even flush the loo, it flashed up "Pregant 3+"
I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No medical intervention required - we did it the "old fashioned way" as one friend commented! I'm somewhere between 8 - 9 weeks and I know too early to be sharing the news. We are not sharing widely, just close friends and family at this stage. Being very careful to make sure my brother does not put something about it on facebook! I know you guys are probably wondering how we are getting on with the IVF stuff, so thought I would let you all know.
On Friday last week we paid privately to get an early scan (to reassure me my body wasn't playing mean tricks on me more than anything else). And there on the screen was our perfect little bean with a fluttering heart. Amazing.
Chris and I are of course over the moon. We fly out to New York on Saturday to celebrate our 7 year anniversary and then down to Denver for 10 days for what was supposed to be a ski trip but will now be a lazy and relaxing trip!
So far I am feeling fine - sore boobs (sore massive boobs that should read) and feeling nauseous every evening or if I don't eat regularly, oh and also my jeans are already too tight to button up (despite having lost 7lbs over Christmas from being ill). All crazy but wonderful!
Oh my gosh! I'm so thrilled for you! So so excited. Congratulations! Big smiles for you here in Detroit.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys, and it was amazing to hear the announcement in person! I hope you are feeling better and all is GREAT!!
ReplyDelete